View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:23 am 
I'd like to install LinHES without destroying my current Mythbuntu system. So I'd like to create a system in which I can choose between the two. The First LinHES Install display doesn't indicate that a separate partition will be created.

In addition, I prefer to keep my media content on a separate HDD and therefore want to specify that /home Drive exist on a different drive. The install display again doesn't indicate that this is possible.

Has anyone installed LinHES along side Mythbuntu? Do you have any tips?
Has anyone used separate HDDs for OS/MythTV (root: /dev/sda) and media content (home: /dev/sdb)? Do you have any tips?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:11 am 
LinHES will erase and then install its own partition scheme to whichever hard drive you choose to install it to. If you choose your existing Mythbuntu hard drive it will be erased. LinHES expects to have its own hard drive and will partition it with /, swap, home, mysql and the rest for mythtv recording/video/picture data. None of the mythtv recordings/video/picture data is stored in /home. You can add additional hard drives to be used as mythtv storage using the add_storage.py utility.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:14 pm 
I'm glad I asked before I installed LinHES. Thanks.

With regards to the storage utility, is this found within the menu tree (GUI)? Or is this a CLI?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:20 pm 
tvfan wrote:
With regards to the storage utility, is this found within the menu tree (GUI)? Or is this a CLI?
It is an interactive CLI tool.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:33 pm 
I don't use mythbuntu but I do have a machine that has LinHES on one drive and Windows 7 on the second drive. My media is on the Windows drive so I mount the windows drive on LinHES.

When I want to change I just select which drive I want to boot from via the bios.

So throw in a second drive, install LinHes on that drive. Boot from the new LinHes drive then you can manually mount your media (Movies, mp3, pictures, etc) from the mythbuntu drive.

I would let live an recorded TV write to the same drive that you boot from.