View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: mythtv pvr client
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:50 am 
Once and while I use the mythtv pvr client to watch LIVE TV via Kodi. Last night was one of those times. I was watching a game and I realized that the recording was going to end in 5 minutes and the game was going to last about 30 minutes more. So I exited the game and entered the timer and this is where it started to get fun.

1.) The timer is in 24hr but I just wanted to add 30 minutes to the end of the game When I changed the time I got an error about a log file and it appeared to be rejected.
2.) So with only 2 minutes left I ran upstairs and looked at the Master BE/FE and sure enough the time was added.
3.) I came back down and started to watch the game it does not bookmark the time when i excited so it starts at the beginning again which is not so hot.
4.) So now I find the place that I around where I left and start watching the game. It lasts for 20 more minutes, So I want to stop the recording, How do you do it? I have to go back upstairs and stop the recording on the Master BE/FE.

it's clunky.

Post subject: Re: mythtv pvr client
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:51 pm 
That's why I still use the MythTV frontend to playback recordings. The MythTV backend interface in Kodi still isn't quite up to the level of MythTV.
As an aside Sometimes I just tell MythTV to record the show scheduled after the one running long. It's also clunky.

Post subject: Re: mythtv pvr client
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:48 am 
Well I found the bookmarks it's in a different spot, but it works and you can manage them so that's fine. But scheduling is still clumsy...