View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:27 pm 
Due to a rouge file filling my MySQL partition I have a broken table. According to Mythweb the "recordedseek" table says "Table is marked as crashed and last repair failed" .
I found some answer about doing a commflag on the broken recordings but I have no idea which recordings are broken.
How do I fix this so that I stop getting red errors from xymon? (that nagging thing has really saved my bacon)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:26 am 
How many recordings do you have?

The easy fix is to empty the table and run commflag on all your recordings to rebuild it.

The not so easy fix is to export the table using phpMyAdmin to a .SQL file, empty the table and import the .SQL file back again. This will restore the entries that weren't corrupted. After that, check each recording and commflag the ones that need their seek table rebuilt.

Make sure you fix the table after you empty it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:37 am 
ouch! that's a lot of commercial flagging.
thanks for the answer I was looking for.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:50 am 
I discovered that same error on Tues 7/21 which I suspect was from power fluctuations over the weekend but don't know for sure. I ended up restoring the most recent Good backup dated 7/18 which corrected the error. Backups dated after 7/18 were corrupt and would not restore correctly.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:00 am 
mattbatt wrote:
ouch! that's a lot of commercial flagging.
thanks for the answer I was looking for.

Similar issue when migrating to LinHES. I had to rebuild the jump tables and then rebuild commercial flagging. An issue I ran into was having too many jobs running at one time, some of the rebuilding/flagging did not work and I had to rerun the jobs.

Once I figured out the issue, what I did to mitigate some of this was to limit the hours that Jobs would be worked to hours I new the system would generally be idle (overnight and during the day with Jobs shut off during primetime).

Since I'm running Atom based boxes I limited the number of jobs running per backend to 1 each.

I went to each show and added all of the recordings for that show into a playlist and then ran the job on the playlist.

Sounds painful, but it worked really well and gave me a way to prioritize which shows to take care of the ones that my wife wanted to watch first.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:13 am 
OK I finally have PhpMyAdmin installed. I was going slowly and carefully to make sure I didn't bork MySQL. Any suggestions for guides on how to repair the table?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:05 pm 
Well that sucked! I ended up just dumping the Recordedseek table. I exported the table and dropped it but forgot to check and make sure there was something in the exported file. Nope, nothing but an error about the table being broken. OH WELL
Everything seems to be working just fine now. I haven't been able to figure out how to tell Mythcommflag to re-run on all my recordings. The asterisk doesn't seem to be a wildcard for Mythcommflag.
Now to figure out why zoneminder (an app I don't use) is filling up my mysql partition.