View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:05 am 
As part of my customisation of my lircrc file I am trying to assign a key to send a combination of keystrokes. Specifically ctrl-shift-q to close chrome. When viewing Netflix or other online content, chrome starts in kiosk mode so the only way to shut it down is by the ctrl-shift-q combination on the keyboard. I could modify the menu so that it doesn't start in kiosk mode and allow me to shutdown with the mouse but any mouse manipulation on a wall mounted TV is a pain.

From my reading of the Lirc manual (version 0.9.4b whereas current loaded version on my up-to-date machine is 0.9.2a) is that I should use irxevent so the entry in my lircrc file is
Code:
begin
   #Green button to close Browser and Netflix
   prog = irxevent
   button = green
   Repeat = 4
   config = Key ctrl-shift-q CurrentWindow
end
which does nothing.

Am I doing something wrong? I have to admit I do not find the lirc manual terribly enlightening on the subject.
Is what I am trying to do at all possible?
Any other suggestions?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 am 
Do you have web-on-linhes installed? From your description of the menu and kiosk mode it sounds like you do. NetFlix and a few others will be added to the Online Content menu in the Media Library. Then you need a wol-lircrc file in your remote template. From your other thread it looks like you use the streamzap which we don't have a wol-lircrc for yet. So once you get it created I can add it to our system templates. Look at /usr/MythVantage/templates/remotes/favorites/dvico/wol-lircrc to start and adjust the buttons to match as needed. Then run sudo systemconfig.py -m ir so that the links to wol-lircrc are built. To make irxevent work it has to be running which the web-on-linhes script takes care of.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:23 pm 
Success! Yes I am using web-on-LinHES to watch Netflix. I followed your instructions:
1. Copied /usr/MythVantage/templates/remotes/favorites/dvico/wol-lircrc to my customised remote directory
2. Ran sudo systemconfig.py -m ir
3. Modified the wol-lircrc to suit the streamzap

It all works although I have only tested it on Netflix and Youtube. I attach my wol-lircrc file for the streamzap for inclusion into the system template.

The file is not that much different to Dvico except the added pause and play buttons. The Dvico file had the stop button mapped to ctrl-shift-q causing a shutdown of Chrome which I did not like so I changed it to Escape and mapped the exit button to crtl-shift-q. I also mapped the menu button to Alt-Left Arrow as well as the channel-down button. This provides a means in Netflix to stop watching and return to the Browse page. I gather it works by invoking a Chrome short-cut for open previous page.

I will let you know if I think it needs any mods after I use it for a while. Once again many thanks for your help.

Attachments
wol-lircrc.tar.gz [395 Bytes]
Downloaded 775 times

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:46 am 
I understand swapping the stop and exit buttons. I don't have a Netflix sub so I have never tried it but on YouTube and some of the other sites the they make extensive use of Escape in the UI for going back. So muscle memory of having quit on exit/back (the dvico and mce don't have seperate exit and back buttons) ended up with Chrome quitting alot. So that is why it is on stop in those two templates.

Looking at the streamzap lircd.conf template it doesn't have "back" definition. Is that one of your customizations? Also I don't think this wol-lircrc will work with the template lircd.conf because the button names are different. Looks like just upper vs lower case but if I remember right it is case sensitive.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:14 pm 
Yes the back button is one of my customisations, I should have removed it from the file I sent you. I use a Harmony 700 universal emulating a streamzap, so the extra back button is a bonus. My original streamzap died from leaking batteries.

I used lower case names because I was blindly copying the dvico format but I did check the names for consistency with Lircmap.xml ignoring case. Both the lircrc.txt and Lircmap.xml use all upper case, so it looks like it is not case sensitive because all the buttons work. I should probably change them all to upper case for consistency.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:45 pm 
I found this looking for how to exit Chrome. I moved a copy of wol-lircrc to my_remotes and exit works great. But I don't seem to be able to figure out how to get the volume control to work.

Volume up and down send.
Code:
0000000000001791 00 Volume-DOWN Hauppauge_350
0000000000001791 01 Volume-DOWN Hauppauge_350
0000000000001791 00 Volume-DOWN_EVUP Hauppauge_350
0000000000001790 00 Volume-UP Hauppauge_350
0000000000001790 00 Volume-UP_EVUP Hauppauge_350

But does not change the volume. Any suggestions?