View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:13 pm 
Since I upgraded to 8.5.2 my remote has started to misbehave. The up and down keys will skip 3 menu items with each press. The remote is a Harmony 700 emulating a Streamzap with some customisations. As a work around I have reset the remote back the the default Streamzap in Favorites but have lost my customisations. I have tried the approach that mattbatt used in his post to no avail but I think it is a different problem anyhow.

The interesting thing is if I copy /usr/MythVantage/templates/remotes/favorites/streamzap/lircrc into my ~/remotes directory and select it I get the same skipping effect. That tells me there is nothing wrong with my lircrc file but seems that taking lircrc from the user area creates the problem.

Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:49 am 
I have the same remote setup as you and I experienced the same thing when testing 8.5.1. The upgraded lirc did not like the existing config file. Brfransen updated it in the repository, which is why selecting the default streamzap in the menu fixes it for you. What customizations have you made? Here is the link to the issue I posted along with my updated config file. This is different than the lircrc file.

http://linhes.org/issues/1025

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:55 pm 
Thanks knappster, that fixed it. The lircd.conf file you linked to was the same as the one in templates. I hadn't realised it was different to my old one in the user area.

As far as the customisations I've made they are now pretty simple, things like the blue button for "d" for deleting programs and one of the other Harmony buttons for a restart of X if things freeze which doesn't happen very often these days. I was using a lot of irxevent commands when I was trying to watch Netflix on chrome. Now I don't need them because the new TV does it natively. I was trying to assign a button to start kodi but could not get it to work. http://forums.linhes.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24682

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:06 pm 
Oops, spoke too soon. It works once selecting the user remote but after a reboot starts skipping again, but only 2 at a time instead of 3. I shall investigate some more.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:38 pm 
I had a similar problem ages ago. My problem was my lircd.conf and lircrc file both contained a double entry for the include file.

Worth a look.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:39 pm 
All sorted. Originally I copied the /usr/MythVantage/templates/remotes/favorites/streamzap/ directory to ~/remotes and added my customised lircrc as a .txt file, but I didn't delete the original lircrc. Once I did that it is working happily after reboots.