View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: transcode problems
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:31 am 
Hi all,

I am having problems with mythtv and transcoding. I tried to manually transcode and automatically transcode, but transcode or mythtranscode does nothing. I watch top and/or ps and it doesnt even fire up when I tell mythtv to trancode a show. Are there any error logs for (myth)transcode?? Any help would be great....

you know I always hated the attitude of some "linux" users, just answer the question if you have some useful insight, if not then shut up. Just answer and inform the person they posted in the wrong place. But no instead you berate, insult, and mock people. So sometimes this is why i hate "leet" linux users cause they feel the need to make a someone feel like a complete ass. So, tjc, and all you other "leet" or "ultra-cool"....thanks but no thanks. And dont bother replying to this "flame-starter" since I will just ignore your remarks...because I know you can't resist replying. For all the other help folks...TIA.

Ps....I didn't see "linuxgeek" anywhere in my name...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:11 am 
Uh... I hate to tell you, but tjc and Xsecrets are probably your best sources of information. If they were quick to jump on you for posting multiple times in the wrong forums, it may be because there's been a run on that lately.

The transcoding thing takes many forms. Are you transcoding TV shows or DVDs? Are you recording with a PVR-x50 and transcoding into MPEG4? It makes no sense to transcode MPEG2 to RTJPEG, that only makes the files larger. If you're talking about ripping and transcoding DVDs, nobody discusses that on public, US-based forums for obvious reasons.

Post subject: Re: transcode problems
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:25 am 
chacon wrote:
you know I always hated the attitude of some "linux" users, just answer the question if you have some useful insight, if not then shut up. Just answer and inform the person they posted in the wrong place. But no instead you berate, insult, and mock people. So sometimes this is why i hate "leet" linux users cause they feel the need to make a someone feel like a complete ass. So, tjc, and all you other "leet" or "ultra-cool"....thanks but no thanks. And dont bother replying to this "flame-starter" since I will just ignore your remarks...because I know you can't resist replying. For all the other help folks...TIA.

Ps....I didn't see "linuxgeek" anywhere in my name...
I don't know who the hell you are talking to tjc and other like that on this forum. These folks have been nothing but helpful. I don't think anyone has berated anyone on this forum. TJC and other are simply following my mandate... I want the forum to provide consist information that is categorized. The problem is folks just start typing away w/o reading or searching. I won't stand for this.

I started KnoppMyth to make setting up a set-top box as easy as possible. I'd like to to make the forum the same. If you cannot stand to read 'perhaps a search of the forum' or take a little ribbing, start off the forum (PERIOD).

PS. You don't see Linux geek anywhere in my name either do you....

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!