View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:10 pm 
I'm trying to auto upgrade from A12 to A15.1. Everything goes perfect until it start to copy the files. The % done gets to 19% and nothing more happens. The CD drive spins down, but the read light continues to blink. The HD light stays on as well. Is this normal? Is it doing something behind the scenes? I've let it run for about 15 minutes without it doing anything. I've got an Asus P4P800-E motherboard. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts!

Thanks,

skyhigh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:35 pm 
I just tried reinstalling A12 to rule out a bad cd drive, and it went flawlessly. Strange.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:59 pm 
Bad burn of the CD-R?

-brendan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:54 pm 
Had the same problem. Checksum was fine on my download. Burned one disk and did auto install over a V5R12 that was not working. Then messed it up trying to get sound out of a PVR250 (980... will post on that in another message). Decided to start from scratch and reinstall. On the copying progress bar, I'd get a black (blank) notch and then the disk would spin down and no more progress. Had to restart. No idea. I decided maybe I scratched the disk, etc. Burned another, same deal. Ended up using Ubuntu to erase partition table, wrote a new one with one big partition to be written over by the auto install. Still no dice, got the freeze again. Then, I cleared the master boot sector. I think it worked then, but I have a feeling I had to start the install again twice.

Anyway, it finally installed, but still no luck getting sound out of the PVR250 980.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:16 am 
Same problem here, my install got stuck in "Copying Files" at 10%. DVD-drive spins down, looks like Hard Drive is doing something, but it just stays there forever, and nothing happens. I thought my DVD-ROM drive was bad, but tried with another drive and same thing. I checked the MD5SUM of my ISO download, was fine...

Does anyone know what to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:05 pm 
yuo can try burning the iso to disk at a slower speed....I tend to use the slowest when cutting an ISO. little extra burning time is worth it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:29 pm 
I had the same problem (stopped at like 34%).

I burned a new disk and it worked fine.

It only take a few minutes, so give it a shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:15 am 
A bit late now I know but I just got this with the latest release (R5C7), stopped at just 6%, but md5sum was fine and testcd said was fine too.

This was a bad burn, but I found that while the CD is in this spun down state it`ll let you swap the CD over.

I eventually got this installed using 2 CDs (both bad) and swapping them over whenever it stopped :lol:

RR