View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:01 am 
So, I've re-installed both my Backend (Shuttle box with Nforce2 chipset AMD 3000+ w PVR 150 MCE) and my frontend (MSI Nforce2 mobo running an AMD 2400+ and an FX5200 output card). Both of these are now running R5B7. On the front end box I followed the directions here:

http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php? ... nlyInstall

Things seem to be connecting and working, the only catch is that if I reboot the frontend, it doesn't load into mythfrontend. I have to manually open up a shell and load 'mythfrontend'. I think my problem stems from this step here:

Quote:
Before rebooting, you also have to make sure that the KnoppMyth config scripts don't run again otherwise they will try to setup a backend. To keep the config scripts from running, edit /home/mythtv/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc, go to the very end of the script, comment out exec KnoppMyth-run and uncomment exec mythfrontend. This has been changed to use fluxbox recently, in order to do the same thing with the more recent version, edit /home/mythtv/.fluxbox/apps, find the line that says [startup] {KnoppMyth-run} and delete it ('dd' will delete the entire line from within vi).

I didn't see the /home/mythtv/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc file, but did comment out the '[startup] {KnoppMyth-run}' line in the .fluxbox/apps file. With this line uncommented, the frontend loads, but walks me into the startup scripts.

Is there a better way to stop the config scripts from running? Should I just let them run, configure the backend on this machine, and then remove it? Any help would be much appreciated. If by chance I've done a poor job of explaining my situation please ask for more detail and I"ll be happy to provide anything I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:59 am 
I think you missed an add on note at the bottom of that wiki doc.

From the doc:

One More Note on Startup from Lee Larson 10-14-05
Instead of restoring the line [startup] {KnoppMyth-run} use instead [startup] {/usr/bin/mythfrontend} to immediately start up the front end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:03 pm 
Yeah, I sure did. I'll try that when I get home and see if it does the job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:49 pm 
Worked perfect. To anyone else out there who's neglected to fully read the entire page....this is your solution.

Thanks again.