View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:41 pm 
Supposedly this is supposed to work out of the box, but for some reason I have not been able to get it to work. I am beginning to wonder if my EPIA board is defective.

This is what happens -- I go through the install process, it reboots, it goes through the booting up linux process, then black screen.

Up until this black screen I have the video going out through the regular old VGA port onto my TV through a VGA-to-TV converter (which is coincidentally not so bad).

If I plug the Video cable into the video out, I can sometimes get a warped picture to appear -- sometimes it is all black.

If I hit CTRL-ALT-F1 then I can get the terminal, but only when I go back to the VGA out through the converter.

I have tried editing the XF86Config-4 file in the terminal in VI, but when I restart it still does not work.

Because I can not get the Via TV out working right, I can not see in order to complete the install process.

Is there a step I am missing here? Any tips?

If I put the CD in and type TV then enter, it still does not seem to show a screen on my TV unless I use the VGA out.

There has to be something I am missing, any help would be greatly appreciate. I finally got my backend working, and now I just want my frontend running.

Post subject: Nevermind .....
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:46 pm 
It is amazing what you can find in the inner bowels of the BIOS ..... Chalk one more op-error dumbass point up for me!