eVGA GeForce 6200 8X AGP 256MB Video Card w/TV-Out
WinTV PVR 350 hauppauge! PCI TV FM tuner
2.4 GHZ
1.256gb ram
2x 60gb hd (IDE)
CD-Rom
----------------------------------------------------

Issues
1)Durring the first initial install I get errors on the Nvidia drivers... like it cant find them or something? I get 4x of the same errors in a row (CDC error IIRC) then it tries to DL and gets an error again (Im able to ping my machine so it has network connection)
2)When it gets to the 2nd installing/config section am I suppose to press ctr+alt+f1 to install the nvidia drivers? (I think I tried once and just took me to a black screen)
3)For the tuner card selection what would I choose for the card? MPEG-2 (I would assume)
4)For the input selection I would want Tuner-0 right? (I have the sat cable going to the sat reciever then from the sat reciever into the 350).

First setup I had everything as listed and went to the channels to do a scan and it only picked up channel 3? (Yes the sat was on)

Any suggestions on how to get this working?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:55 am 
I assume after you did the initial install and it reboots, it puts you in text mode because it can't start X to display the GUI.

Or if you into the GUI, you can't install the drivers while X is running. I edited the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file and changed the video card name from "nvidia" to "n" and rebooted the system. It will try to start X, but will fail and place you in text mode.

At this point, you need the latest NVIDIA drivers and run the config program.

If you have your network working and can get to the outside world, you can use wget command. For example:
wget ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux ... 2-pkg1.run
wget ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nvidi ... 1.0.tar.gz

If not, then download the NVIDIA files to a pen/thumb drive on a windows or another linux/unix system, mount it on your myth box and install drivers.

See: http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10314 for more instructions....

3) As for selecting the tuner card, I believe there is a PVR-x50 selection.

4) If you are runing your coax out from the receiver to the PVR-350, then yes tuner-0 should be the one (unless you have other video capture cards installed), or you could use the S-Video and L/R inputs of the card.

If you are using your dish receiver for selecting channels, do not scan. You will need an irblaster to change channels on your dish receiver.
For example: http://irblaster.info
See: http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10441

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:13 pm 
Hi,
If you enabled boot splash, you have to change the framebuffer to 1 in the XF86Config-4.
Mike