View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:21 am 
Hi All,

Could use a bit of assistance. Been having trouble getting Live TV to show up on a newly installed MythTV (R5C7) system. Also, the program guide wouldn't work either. Strangely, a message saying that the system could not connect to the frontend never appeared, just a black screen. A 'Ctrl+Alt+Backspace" returned me to a login and I could start the frontend again.

I didn't know how to resolve the issue, but the thought occurred to me that the frontend was not communicating to the backend. So, I was certain that I had the backend configured properly, so I went into the 'General' settings on the frontend and on the the first screen (first option) changed the 'localhost' to the backend ip address.

LiveTV and Program Guide still didn't work. So, I rebooted to see if that made a difference.

It did make a difference, but for the worst. The frontend now will not start, I only get to the desktop and the frontend never starts.

I thought hmmmm...something is amiss. So, I double checked the IP address of the machine and found out that it has changed!!!

I went into the backend and changed the IP address on it to the correct IP address., but this didn't help.

So, the question is....

Can I edit a file on the system and change the frontend setting back to 'localhost'.

If so, where is that file located?

Thanks for any assistance.

If this is a repeat message, please point me to the correct thread and apologies for the duplication. Obviously, I haven't found it yet.

Dr. Hood

SOLVED - By editing the text in /home/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt

Quote:
nano /home/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt

CPU: AMD Sempron 3000+ (1.8 Ghz)
RAM: 1024 Mb
Videocard: Radeon 9500 (64 Mb)
TV Tuner Card: PVR-350
Harddisk: WD160 Gb + Max 300 Gb