View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:35 am 
All,

I am able to install R5C7 with no problems on this machine, but when I try to install R5D1 (Fresh Install):

I get the following error after the Name options/Passwords (the last part of the configuration) after I say YES to "Do you want to proceed with these parameters?"

/usr/local/bin/KnopMyth-auto: line 689: /1000000: syntax error: operand expected (error token is "/100000")

any ideas on this one? Like I said, I get through this same step when using version R5C7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:25 am 
Hardware/setup details? This error means that the script KnoppMyth-auto failed while trying to compute the disk size for auto partitioning. Did you fail to select the disk (using space bar to check it) Are you installing to something other than /dev/hda? If you reboot from CD and get a shell prompt (on an alternate virtual console or from the menu) what does "fdisk -l" show for that drive?

Post subject: thanks tjc
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:19 pm 
thanks tjc, this led me to the problem.

I did change the hard drive because of a crash, and for some reason, the new drive didn't show up as hda until I set it up as Master.

When I had it on CS (chip select), it showed up as Slave in the bios, and wasn't detected properly by MythTV.

So all is well now. I guess the error message threw me off, I jumped to conclusions thinking it was something in R5D1

Post subject: Re: thanks tjc
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:04 pm 
hunter44102 wrote:
When I had it on CS (chip select), it showed up as Slave in the bios, and wasn't detected properly by MythTV.

CS actually stands for Cable Select, and the position on the cable is what determines master/slave status. You maybe able to override this in the BIOS but it would probably pay to put it on the right connector on the cable if possible.