View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:39 pm 
Installation halts in "setting default volumes" whit my Leadtek WinFast DTV2000 H. I tryed to diasable my onbord AC-97 sound as I read form the forums that that might be the problem for halting system, but it didn't help. When I remove the DTV2000 H card the installation seems to go fine. However, I haven't been able to add it later. I've tryed to use the "mythtv-setup" command but it fails to start and reports some errors (which I can't excatly remember what they where). Mind you, that I've got very litle experience on Linux (although I've been working in the IT sector for almost 15 years :oops: ), so asume that I don't know the obvious.

I'm trying to install KnoppMyth R5D1 on the following hardware:

Athlon XP 2500+
MSI KT6V (with the dredful VIA KT600 chipset)
512 MB DDR RAM
NVidia GeForce 660GT AGP
Onboard AC-97 sound (S/PDif out)
Leadtek WinFast DTV2000 H
WD 60 GB PATA HDD
LG DVD-ROM drive

Thank you for your time :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:53 am 
Exactly the same symptom. Install goes fine with pcHDTV 3000 and 5000 but no combination of tuner cards will work, including alone, with Dvico. It hangs on "setting default volumes..."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:40 pm 
Sasler wrote:
Installation halts in "setting default volumes" whit my Leadtek WinFast DTV2000 H. I tryed to diasable my onbord AC-97 sound as I read form the forums that that might be the problem for halting system, but it didn't help. When I remove the DTV2000 H card the installation seems to go fine. However, I haven't been able to add it later. I've tryed to use the "mythtv-setup" command but it fails to start and reports some errors (which I can't excatly remember what they where). Mind you, that I've got very litle experience on Linux (although I've been working in the IT sector for almost 15 years :oops: ), so asume that I don't know the obvious.

I'm trying to install KnoppMyth R5D1 on the following hardware:

Athlon XP 2500+
MSI KT6V (with the dredful VIA KT600 chipset)
512 MB DDR RAM
NVidia GeForce 660GT AGP
Onboard AC-97 sound (S/PDif out)
Leadtek WinFast DTV2000 H
WD 60 GB PATA HDD
LG DVD-ROM drive

Thank you for your time :)

There are some other threads on this issue. It is the ALSA drivers that come with R5D1. The latest drivers added support for teh TV chip used in the DVICO and probably your WINFAST card (CX88 chipset?). ALSA tries to set the volume levels of the CX88 but that functionality is missing/broken.

I think I descibed how I worked around the problem I cant find the post right now. Search the whole forum for "setting default volumes" (use 'and' logic for the search, not 'or' logic, it's the second radio button bellow the search box on search page).

Nate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:49 pm 
Searching for "blacklist" should turn it up pretty quickly as well since the trick is to blacklist the broken driver.