View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:58 am 
[quote="mark12_30"]Ps: Is there doco/info or something I can do to adjust output resolutions in knoppmyth?[/quote]
It can be really easy or very involved depending on just what you need to do. Try posting a detailed description of the problem and your question in Linux -> General on this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:39 pm 
Just a bump to let you know that Dragon 1.x will be Tier 1 in the pending KnoppMyth release.

Post subject: Re: KRP Dragon
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:34 pm 
Human wrote:
As of KnoppMyth R5A22, Dragon is Tier 1. The installation is 99% automated, and nothing has to be tweaked by hand.

Does this also apply if you only used the digital out for the sound?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:47 am 
rjspring wrote:
Human wrote:
As of KnoppMyth R5A22, Dragon is Tier 1. The installation is 99% automated, and nothing has to be tweaked by hand.

When I wrote that, we only supported digital sound, so configuring the Chaintech card for analog still requires some hand tweaking. However, if you don't use the Chaintech for digital audio, you may just want to use onboard audio. Turn the onboard audio back on in the BIOS, remove the Chaintech card, and install. The onboard nForce4 should work fine for analog after you perform the other steps necessary to switch from digital to analog audio. If you have a Dragon v1.0 or v1.1, the upcoming KnoppMyth release should forgive the lack of Chaintech card if onboard audio is enabled.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:22 am 
Human wrote:
rjspring wrote:
Human wrote:

When I wrote that, we only supported digital sound, so configuring the Chaintech card for analog still requires some hand tweaking. However, if you don't use the Chaintech for digital audio, you may just want to use onboard audio. Turn the onboard audio back on in the BIOS, remove the Chaintech card, and install. The onboard nForce4 should work fine for analog after you perform the other steps necessary to switch from digital to analog audio. If you have a Dragon v1.0 or v1.1, the upcoming KnoppMyth release should forgive the lack of Chaintech card if onboard audio is enabled.

Cool, i was only interested in out putting to digital...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:25 am 
Hi Guys,

I've got a dragon 1.1 spec machine and am very interested in upgrading t R5E50. Before I start, do I need to back up my settings etc? Or is an upgrade seemless? Are there any directions I have to be aware of to do this successfully the first time...

Would hate to have to get things setup again, esp after all the long hours spent getting things right...

Many thanks

Ps: I'm currently running R5D1...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:03 am 
mark12_30 wrote:
Before I start, do I need to back up my settings etc? Or is an upgrade seemless? Are there any directions I have to be aware of to do this successfully the first time...

It's nearly seamless, IF you have a backup. If it doesn't find a backup, you'll be SOL.
Find tjc's upgrade hints (there's a link from the main page on this site).
Also, you'll want to have, at your disposal, a copy of your current /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, so that you can transplant modelines.
Here's tjc's notes:
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13108
Be prepared to plug in a PC monitor to get things going.
But once it comes up, and you've corrected the modelines in /etc/X11/xorg.conf (if necessary), you should have all of your shows and settings.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:53 am 
mark12_30 wrote:
Before I start, do I need to back up my settings etc? Or is an upgrade seemless?

Thornsoft's reply is excellent! TJC did a great job coming up with upgrade notes.

I just wanted to add that with an upgrade, /myth and everything under it is preserved but every other file and directory gets wiped out. The backup process picks and chooses additional files not in /myth to backup and restore, plus a dumped copy of the MySQL database, where all your settings, program data, etc. live. If you have a particular file in mind that you want to survive a backup (like your X configuration file), the easiest way to do that is to make a copy of it that you put under /myth somewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:20 pm 
Human wrote:
If you have a particular file in mind that you want to survive a backup (like your X configuration file), the easiest way to do that is to make a copy of it that you put under /myth somewhere.

Also see the "Taking advantage of the enhanced backup and restore scripts" sticky posting for details of what is automatically backed up and restored for you. Stashing extra copies in /myth as human suggests can make thing easier to find, especially if you want them for a Phase 2a fixup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:12 pm 
It's probably obvious at this point, but just a bump to remind people that the Dragon is still Tier 1 with R5F27.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:19 pm 
Always the sales man :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:11 am 
Site Admin
He is a true friend of the community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:32 pm 
Dragon v2.0 is Tier 1 on KnoppMyth R5.5 :) The only change is that you should now use the onboard audio for digital, and not the Chaintech AV-710, as the onboard audio now works great, and the Chaintech AV-710 audio now works poorly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:07 pm 
Human wrote:
Dragon v2.0 is Tier 1 on KnoppMyth R5.5 :) The only change is that you should now use the onboard audio for digital, and not the Chaintech AV-710, as the onboard audio now works great, and the Chaintech AV-710 audio now works poorly.

How about Dragon 1.0/1.1 systems? Same recommendation applies?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:37 pm 
Human or anyone else,

I have a v1 Dragon. I just upgraded to R5.5. Per your recommendations, I have been trying to get the onboard sound to work with no luck (granted I am a linux noob).

Here is what I have done:

-Physically removed the chaintech card
-Changed the AC97 controller in the BIOS from ‘disabled’ to ‘Auto’
- Ran aslaconf as root (this recognized the onboard card, and said that it set it up appropriately)
- I then tried nearly every comination of audio settings in the Utilities > Setup > General section.

Still no luck. I don’t know what I am doing wrong? Any help would be great, preferably the steps you took on a v1 dragon to get this working. Thanks

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next