View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:05 pm 
I tried installing KnoppMyth R5D1 before I bought a tuner card. Everything went so well, that I went ahead and ordered a pcHDTV 5500. I decided that I would just go back to a fresh install so it would autoconfigure rather than try to configure it myself. Whenever I try booting with the 5500 in the slot the installation freezes on "setting the default volumes..." I can install fine with the 5500 out of the PC, but not with it in. Anyone know why? Do I need to bite the bullet and install the card after installing KnoppMyth?

The PC is a Dell 1.7 GHz Xeon with 512 MB RAM.

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:13 pm 
Have you tried another slot?

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:41 pm 
Using "setting default volumes" in the search function should yield a number of hits. See http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12122&highlight=setting+default+volumes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:45 pm 
Thanks for the replies. I ended up starting the install with the pcHDTV 5500 card removed from the slot, then after the CD wa ejected I turned of fthe PC and inserted the card. It booted up from there. This seems to be a good work around, but I still have to figure out why it couldn't connect to the master backend server. I'll use the search first this time...

Bill

Post subject: 5500 card - same problem
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:45 am 
Exactly the same problem - with the 5500 card, the boot freezes at "setting default volume levels" (or something to that effect). Tried several different sound cards, cmedia, ess, vortex, all the same. The 5500 appears to be picking up an IRQ that the sound card needs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:12 am 
I had the same problem with the 5500 and R5D1. I'm happy to say though that I just did an install with R5E50 and things went smoothly. There's even a pcHDTV HD-5500 card selection in the GUI mythtv-setup, which is great, because before, you were supposed to select the DVB card, instead of the pcHDTV option, which was pretty confusing.

Summary: If you've got a HD-5500, R5E50 is the way to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:56 pm 
See the newly updated R5E50 Upgrade hints and hazards posting. "Known Issue" # 8 is what you're looking for. You may need to remove the card and boot without it or use the CD as a rescue disk to be able to do this.